1 POSITION AVAILABLE: Marketing Coordinator
Based in Toronto or Ottawa
The Philippe Kirsch Institute (PKI) is a legal training institute enlisting a consortium of former Supreme Court and international judges and leading jurists. The Institute’s world-class faculty members deliver high quality continuing professional development (CPD) using innovative technology and pedagogy. The Institute equips lawyers with the tools, knowledge and vision they need to be leaders in their fields, and to address the ever-growing global dimensions of their practice. All Institute proceeds support the work of its partner charity, the Canadian Centre for International Justice (CCIJ).
PKI invites applications for a marketing consultant to coordinate and support the implementation and on-going evolution of a completed 2015 marketing strategy, helping to roll out the year’s program plans and new areas of business, grow partnerships, build relationships with potential stakeholders and increase awareness of the Institute’s unique place in the legal CPD market.
This position is for a marketing or law and business graduate, with at least 3 years of experience in marketing, with a strong and enterprising business acumen. Knowledge of the continuing professional development market in the legal sector in Canada is strongly desired.
This is a short-term contract position for about 8 days of work, with flexible hours and the ability to work remotely. The Marketing Coordinator will form an integral part of the organization, interacting regularly with staff. This initial contract may lead to further work in the future.
The Marketing Coordinator may be based in Toronto or Ottawa.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The core responsibilities include:
- Supporting the implementation of the key marketing strategies developed for 2015, for example by:
- drafting promotional language for the Kirsch e-newsletter, website, social media and other tools
- working to increase traffic to the website, social media and other on-line tools
- supporting the development of “advertorial” opportunities for the staff, Faculty and advisors
- developing a plan and writing copy for paid advertising to reach identified targets within the legal community
- Exploring & helping to implement marketing opportunities through existing partner organizations that support the Institute and CCIJ.
- Sourcing and helping to develop new partnerships for co-marketing purposes.
- Identifying new target audiences, pinpointing the best forms of marketing to these audiences and supporting the implementation of these plans.
- Overseeing the development of new marketing tools and materials.
- Helping the team develop good practices and tools for on-going measurement and evaluation of progress.
- Contributing practically to the development of the Institute as an organization, including its systems, tools, positions and relationships within the legal community from a marketing perspective
The Institute is in its startup stage, with launch events held in November 2013. The Institute has steadily grown with new teaching Faculty, new strategic partnerships, an expansion of its course offerings, and the hiring of new staff and consultants. The Institute’s systems, tools, relationships and plans are at an early stage of development.
The PKI team of staff, advisors and volunteers is a dynamic, committed group of experts who create a supportive environment in which all contributions are highly valued. This is an exciting opportunity to bring energy and expertise to the creation of an important new enterprise.
The Marketing Coordinator is structured as a fixed-term contract position. The average time allocation weekly and length of the contract is subject to discussion, but an initial approximate 8 days of work is envisioned, with some specific deadlines and some less time-sensitive work.
This is a challenging and rewarding position.
- Have 3 years of experience in marketing, with demonstrated success in implementing successful marketing strategies.
- Hold a marketing degree or a legal and business degree. Marketing will take precedence, but some knowledge of the law and the legal community is essential.
- Have excellent written & oral communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate with a wide range of audiences both in person and remotely. Bilingual is strongly preferred.
- Have a high level of proficiency in the use of on-line social media and other on-line tools, as well as print mediums, for marketing purposes.
- Have initiative, adaptability and flexibility with the ability to prioritize tasks, handling several tasks at once, at times under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate great attention to detail.
- Be adaptable, flexible, self-motivated and experienced in working in small teams.
Additional assets: Experience in the legal CPD market or in continuing professional development in other sectors; an entrepreneurial disposition; creative thinking; and strong digital skills.
REMUNERATION: Based on experience.
More information about The Philippe Kirsch Institute is at http://www.kirschinstitute.ca.
More information about the Canadian Centre for International Justice is at www.ccij.ca.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: February 27th, 5 pm Eastern.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email a resumé in English or French, with a cover letter summarizing your qualifications and indicating your preferred location (Toronto or Ottawa) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. You can be assured of the receipt of all applications sent to this email address.